Modifikasi Binary Spray and Wait Routing Protocol Menggunakan Delivery Predictability pada DTN

  • Bima Adhiguna Universitas Telkom
  • Tody Ariefianto Wibowo Universitas Telkom
  • Leanna Vidya Yovinta Universitas Telkom

Abstract

Delay Tolerant Network (DTN) is a communications technology that can be used in environments where there may be no end-to-end path, and the distance between sender and receiver can be very long or even unachieved. DTN has some Routing Protocol, for example Binary Spray and Wait, consisting of two phases namely spray and wait, then PRoPHET which uses the delivery predictability technique to provide a copy of the message to the node encountered. In this research, BSW modifications were made in the spray phase using the predictability delivery technique used in PRoPHET, with the aim that the message delivery time can be faster and the message is not too long in the buffer. Simulation using ONE (Opportunistic Network Environment) Simulator with movement of node is Map Route Movement. Parameters analyzed were Delivery Probability, Buffer Time and Latency Average as measured by variation of node number and buffer size. Based on the simulation, the increase occurred at the average latency of 7.1% on the variation of the node number and 15.13% in the buffer size variation, in addition there was an increase of 87.5% buffer time on the node number variation and 88.1% in the buffer size variation. However, there was a slight decrease in the delivery probability of 5.21% on the node number variation and 6.7% in the buffer size variation. From these results it can be concluded that in the Binary Spray and Wait modification, the time used to deliver the message is more effective and efficient when viewed in terms of latency average and buffer time average parameters, but the delivery probability decreases slightly.

Published
2017-11-23
How to Cite
ADHIGUNA, Bima; WIBOWO, Tody Ariefianto; YOVINTA, Leanna Vidya. Modifikasi Binary Spray and Wait Routing Protocol Menggunakan Delivery Predictability pada DTN. Prosiding Sentrinov (Seminar Nasional Terapan Riset Inovatif), [S.l.], v. 3, n. 1, p. TE158-TE166, nov. 2017. ISSN 2477-2097. Available at: <https://proceeding.sentrinov.org/index.php/sentrinov/article/view/225>. Date accessed: 25 sep. 2021.